As the most cost-effective way of parking according to the unit of space occupied, the system covers an area of only 36 m2, enabling the parking of up to 16 vehicles in the area of two parking spaces.
The first Croatian rotary parking lot is of steel construction, can reach a height of 15.5 meters, and occupies a space of just two parking spaces. The rotary parking capacity equals up to 12 passenger cars or vans up to 2.5 tons.
A special advantage of the parking “carousel” is that there is no danger that someone will occupy or invade a reserved free parking space because it is set up in the air.
By connecting rotary parking to a mobile application, which is the next step in product development, the driver could reserve a free space via smartphone when arriving at the location, and the system will automatically register the car approaching and lower the reserved space when the vehicle is in front of it.
This kind of systems already exist in the world – each consisting of a steel structure, an electric motor, and a chain and gears – but the special feature of this solution is the central axis that simultaneously powers two gears placed on opposite sides, which are responsible for rotating a car. Furthermore, since the rotary parking lot is a simple construction, it does not require a building permit, and also has the technical possibility of connecting to the city parking payment system.
Basic features of Rotary Parking:
- maximum preservation of space,
- modular construction and the possibility of quickly adding new capacities,
- the possibility of relocation and reinstallation in another location,
- suitable for all types of passenger cars – limousines, station wagons, and SUVs,
- vehicle protection against theft, damage, and weather conditions,
- quiet operation – lower noise level compared to any other type of parking system,
- the systems are designed as structures in height and minimize the risks of floods,
- low energy consumption,
- simple use,
- minimal maintenance costs,
- great endurance,
- long service life.
To sum up, Rotary Parking is an ideal solution for a wide range of applications – from public city areas, residential and commercial buildings, hotels, hospitals, shopping centers, marinas, and car showrooms to large parking areas.